Ballet Dancer in Training

Ballet Dancer in Training

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cinderella Costume Fitting

Royal New Zealand Ballet Cinderella 2012

On Tuesday we went into Wellington for Salem's costume fitting for Cinderella.  All four boys (two for each cast) were there to get measured and try on costumes.  Salem said the costumes are "SOOOO COOL!!!!"  I which I got to see them but I will have to wait for the dress rehearsals.

Byron, Daniel and Salem
The Nutcracker 2010

The three other boys are Byron, Daniel and Nicholas.  Both Byron and Daniel were in The Nutcracker and Sleeping Beauty as well.  Nicholas was in The Nutcracker but was in B cast so Salem really doesn't know him at all.  The boys will be page boys in this production.  Byron and Salem are in A cast together.
It was a good chance to catch up with what everyone is up to.

Byron and Salem Sleeping Beauty 2011

Salem has kept a diary of his involvement in each ballet so I will start tonight with what he wrote about the costume fitting.  I will also write up his diaries of  being in The Nutcracker and Sleeping Beauty over the next few weeks.

Ballet Diaries - Cinderella     
by Salem
Costume Fitting   Tuesday 17th July 2012
"Yay, I've been chosen to be in Cinderella and I didn't even have to audition.  I'm also in A Cast.
I arrived up at the RNZB office 10 minutes early but we had to wait a bit longer because Daniel was late.
The Shoe Elf told me and Byron to get into some yellow tights.  Then he put on a light pink top with gold buttons on both of us.  It also had gold decorations all over it.  Then he also put a hat on us.  We had to then take off the hat and black top.  Byron had a little trouble with the sleeves.  We then got changed and had a chat before leaving."

1 comment:

  1. he is look most athletic Ballet Boy from New Zealand. i am very exited to knew that. thanks for share this post.

    Ballet fitness | Ballet Be Fit

    ReplyDelete