Ballet Dancer in Training

Ballet Dancer in Training

Sunday, September 21, 2014

I Need Your Vote - AMP People's Choice Scholarship




Hi everyone, I am needing your help and your votes.

This year, I have applied for the AMP “Do Your  Thing” People’s Choice Scholarship in which people vote for you and whoever gets the most votes will win the scholarship of $10,000. Voting is on Facebook and is open from Monday 22nd September until closing on October 13th. 

Unfortunately only people with a New Zealand IP address can vote. I would love it if you voted for me and share this with others. Voting starts tomorrow and I will have details listed on my page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Support-Salem-Foxx/270946429720441


I am hoping to win this scholarship so I can continue learning more about dance, performing and choreographing more. So far I have choreographed seventeen dances. 


I also want to put together a boy’s ballet class so that young boys can have the chance to try ballet with other boys and not feel like it is a girly thing to do. This year I have been teacher’s assistant for a grade one ballet class and also held a very successful boy’s only ballet class with the Waikanae Dance School. 


I loved teaching both. But I really want to concentrate on getting a boys class going first, as boys learn so differently than girls and male technique is quite different. I have had to unlearn quite a bit myself and am very lucky to be taught male technique by the Trimmers. Sir Jon has said that a good way of cementing what you have learnt, is by teaching it to others. 


If you want to find out more information about me, please check out my YouTube channel Ballet Boy NZ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWosTjBuKQhhucPJMxSK7Xg where you can see lots of my dances. 


Thank you for your support


Salem Foxx


No comments:

Post a Comment